We prefer to not give our 2 year old candy, yes it happens but we prefer to not add to it. Christmas and Easter are not an exception. Here is my list of things I used last year and/or plan on using for this year's Easter basket. I aslo didn't want to put too many non wrapped items in her Easter eggs that would all have to be eaten immediately. Some of these things will fit into the large eggs others just go in the basket. My two favorite places to find these goodies are Target and the Dollar Tree but I usually just pick up things as I come across them.
The basket - I like to pick something that can be re-used all year. A Storage Bin, lined basket, tote or even a large book bag. Last year we did get her an Elmo Easter basket but re-used it for her birthday party and she also plays with it daily.
1. Goldfish Crackers - Small bags that fit in large Easter
2. Pretzels - Small bags that fit in large Easter eggs
3. Socks - check the Target Dollar Spot (Mini Me LOVES sockies)
4. Sidewalk Chalk
5. Coloring Books/Crayons
6. Bath Toys/Duckies
7. Board Books
8. Hair Bows
10. Stuffed animals
12. Flash Cards
15. Boxes of Raisins / Yogurt Covered Raisins
16. Packages of Yogurt Drops
17. Granola Bars/Earth's Best Cereal Bars
18. Child Size Gardening Tools/Gloves
19. Child Size Watering Can
20. Water/Sand toys
22. Little Cars
23. Small Toys
24. Fisher Price Little People or Fisher Price Zoo Talkers figurines
Any other great ideas to add to our daughter's basket? I'd love to hear them.